7 Elements of a Perfect and Happy Lawn
If perhaps lawn care chores are wearing you up, you might be trying way too hard. Nurturing a landscape takes some genuine effort, but why make it challenging? You can keep that lawn and even yourself perfectly happy with seven simple steps.
1. Fully grasp the Grass – Just knowing what type of turf you’re growing isn’t enough. Bermuda grass doesn’t prefer shade, and St. Augustine is a serious drinker. Whether it’s buffalo, centipede or even zoysia, show that landscape and lawncare some love by finding out about its preferences.
2. Watch Your Watering – Stop the habit of watering on set times. Slow, deep soakings encourage nourishing root systems, so wait around until the yard looks a bit thirsty. Whether you irrigate with a sprinkler or perhaps an automated system, water early in the morning for optimum effect.
3. Feed on Schedule – The majority of lawns prefer their nutrients served every two months from May throughout late September or early on October. Cater to their preferences with slow-release fertilizers, and treat those to organic goodies left out by a mulching mower.
4. Let It Breathe – Thatch build up chokes off root systems and may get in the way of water and nourishment uptake. Give that grass breathing room with an intensive aeration every fall. The task requires special equipment, therefore check with your lawn care professional.
5. Check out Bad Patches – A nourishing, green lawn with a some bad patches can become a landscaping disaster. Get the trowel, poke around, and check that lawn for signs of fungal disease or even insect invasions. Always be aware of grass that doesn’t look quite right.
6. Sample the Soil – It’s simple, and you only have to do it every two years. Insert your dirt in an envelope, and then mail it off for an affordable soil report card.
7. Sharpen Your Blades – When you don’t take care of the lawn mower, you end up ripping the grass instead of cutting it. Sharpened blades make the job simpler on you and the yard, so renew their edges monthly. Invest in a plastic blade balancer that enables you to reassemble the mower like a pro.
Doing these set of tips will surely give you satisfying results, happy lawn, happy home and a happy lifestyle.